CRM Mitchell1 2021-07-03T22:01:30+00:002004 BMW Z4 CRM Mitchell1 2021-07-03T22:01:30+00:00
- Performed a diagnostic scan test – Found codes: 24 – CVM (Convertible soft top module) switch, convertible top stowed, undefined voltage range 21 – CVM switch cowl panel unlocked, undefined voltage range 42 – CVM drive, cowl panel, short circuit to positive 1E – CVM switch, cowl panel locked, undefined voltage range 1B – CVM switch, convertible top closed, undefined voltage range Cleared (All) codes – No change in operation. Checked operation – Found pump motor has failed – Not pulling top back to an open position.
- Performed a test drive & visual under car inspection – Found both lower control arms are loose – Recommend replacement. Also found steering flex coupling is binding – Recommend replacement.
- Customer supplied pump motor
- Customer supplied (Both) control arms – RAC supplied control arm bushings
- FLEXIBLE COUPLING – Remove & Replace
Jonel M. gave our service a 5 star review on 7/2/2021